Treating customers like just another transaction can lead to a lack of trust and a negative perception of your personal brand and the direct sales industry of which we are a member of. It can also lead to missed opportunities to personalize the sales experience and gather valuable feedback.
10 statistics that highlight the importance of human connection in the sales process and relationship building:
- According to a study by Accenture, 56% of customers are more likely to purchase from a company that offers personalized experiences.
- Research from Salesforce shows that 80% of customers say that the experience a company provides is just as important as its products or services.
- A study by McKinsey & Company found that companies that prioritize customer experience outperform their competitors by 80%.
- According to research from Harvard Business Review, customers who have an emotional connection to a brand have a 306% higher lifetime value than those who don’t.
- A study by Temkin Group found that companies that earn $1 billion annually can expect to earn an additional $700 million within three years of investing in customer experience.
- Research from PwC shows that 73% of all people point to customer experience as an important factor in their purchasing decisions.
- According to a survey by Deloitte, 62% of companies view customer experience provided through human interaction as a competitive differentiator.
- A study by Forrester Research found that 89% of customers get frustrated when they have to repeat their issues to multiple representatives.
- Research from Harvard Business Review indicates that customers who have an emotionally positive experience are three times more likely to recommend a product or service to others.
- According to a study by SalesHacker, 82% of buyers say that they prefer a human touch in their interactions with sales representatives.
These statistics show that human connection plays a crucial role and can not be replaced in the sales process and in building relationships with customers.
Building relationships with customers is a powerful approach in the sales process because it establishes trust, promotes loyalty, enables personalization, and provides valuable feedback. These factors can lead to increased sales, improved customer satisfaction, and a stronger overall business reputation.
- Start with creating a non-spammy sales script funnel to encourage question-asking.
- Use a sales enablement keyboard like Geniechat to save and share the best-performing questions.
- Create questions that are irresistible to answer as well as appropriate enough to not get blocked.